3.01.2006

The Beginning & an Explanation

I've been a book lover nearly all of my life, mostly thanks to my parents, both of which are also book lovers and one of which is and has been a librarian for at least as long as I've been in the world (nearly 26 years.) So, when it got closer and closer to my college graduation and I still had no clue what I wanted to do with my BA in Digital Media, I decided to preserver through a few more years of school and get a Masters in Library Science. I'll be getting my degree in December with an emphasis in Youth Services and it's probably the best decision I've ever made. However, my love for art still remains; I'm a huge fan of graphic novels (i.e. comic books) as well as manga & manhwa (i.e. Japanese & Korean comics.) In fact, you might go so far as to say I'm obsessed with them. LOL! Thus the title of my blog - The Graphic Librarian. The layout you're viewing was created with the help of an awesome template maker I found on Blogskins.com. The image was created by yours truly and I can tell you right now that scanning all those graphic novel spines was a really big pain, but it makes the image look so much cooler, don't you think? :-D

Anyway, my main reason for starting this blog was as a way to keep a journal of my new career. I was recently offered my first full-time job in a library. Granted, it's not a professional position, but it's exactly what I was looking for in regards to my first real job. I'll be in charge of Young Adult programming and collection development (as well as corresponding with the Children's Librarian.) It's a really exciting prospect for me and I want to be able to document what goes on - not only for posterity (LOL!) but also for my own benefit later down the line. The job hasn't officially started yet, but in the meantime I can regale you with stories from my current library position as a Circulation Assistant at another library. I won't be naming names or locations in order to protect myself and others (mostly from embarrassment.) LOL! And if I DO name names, they'll be false ones.

I'll also be talking about any other random things that crop up here and there. For example, I write manga & manhwa reviews for ListerX.com which is lots of fun and a fabulous website if you need help keeping up with how much anime/manga stuff you own. I love it because I can keep up with ALL of my series - when they come out, when new things are being released, etc. and the people there are extremely helpful when it comes to learning about new stuff. I also maintain several web sites on a variety of subjects, which you can find in the side bar on the left.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to keeping this blog, and I hope that those of you who've discovered it enjoy what I have to say. Til next time! :-)


link | Miranda posted at 8:36 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

go back to main page

While the title seems a bit deceptive, it's really all in the way you look at it. ;) LOL!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Previous Posts My Manga Reviews

Books I'm Currently in the Process of Reviewing (In No Particular Order)

My Bulletin Boards & Displays Graphic Novel Resources For Librarians Graphic Novel Reviews & Recommendations Online Other Popular Librarian Blogs Credits

Layout by mela
Image created by Yours Truly
Font by Font-a-licious

Powered by Blogger