3.18.2006

Where to Find Lost & Missing Library Books

We've all experienced it - the age-old scenario where the computer says a patron still has a book on their account which they, in turn, insist they turned in weeks ago. In fact, if you're anything like me you've probably done this a few times yourself. LOL! Well, now, with the help of an old photocopied list I obtained from my mom, I've created a selection of places to help your patrons find their lost library books. I've personally used this list on numerous occasions with a very high success rate. In one case, the patron had been looking for the book for almost 2 months and within a week of giving them this document, the book was back on my library's shelves. I would really like to give credit to the original mastermind behind this wonderful creation, but the paper given to me has no copyright information of any kind. So, if you recognize any of what you see (yes, I've done some heavy editing in some places) please let me know so I can give full credit where it's due.

With that said, I'd also like to remind you that this is very much a work in progress. If you have a place where you or a patron found their lost book that isn't on the list below, feel free to email me or leave a comment for this entry and I'll add it to the downloadable list.

Okay, now that all my talking's out of the way, here's the list. I hope you find it useful! :-)


link | Miranda posted at 10:21 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

go back to main page

While the title seems a bit deceptive, it's really all in the way you look at it. ;) LOL!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Previous Posts My Manga Reviews

Books I'm Currently in the Process of Reviewing (In No Particular Order)

My Bulletin Boards & Displays Graphic Novel Resources For Librarians Graphic Novel Reviews & Recommendations Online Other Popular Librarian Blogs Credits

Layout by mela
Image created by Yours Truly
Font by Font-a-licious

Powered by Blogger