11.13.2006

A Few Small Changes

Well, as some of you may or may not know, ListerX is seemingly down for the count indefinitely. I don't know why it's vanished or if it will ever exist again. So, since I can no longer link to my reviews through the website, I've created some space elsewhere so that they'll still remain accessible to everyone. My hope is that one day ListerX will reappear again; I don't think I'll ever find a better site for cataloging my anime/manga collection. And believe me, over the past few weeks, I've tried. Nothing I've discovered so far on the web compares in the slightest. *heavy sigh* Anyway, I will continue to occassionally add reviews, despite ListerX's disappearance. After all, I have a ton of manga available to choose from and no reason not to continue reviewing the various series I've already started.

Unfortunately, for reasons I can't remember I didn't save my review for I Luv Halloween V.01 on my computer with all of the rest. Perhaps it was because I found it to be entirely too disturbing for my tastes, although it's possible I just forgot... Anyway, I no longer own the actual comic, so I can't even re-review it without buying another copy, which I have NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in doing. So I'll just give a short little blurb for it here:

Fans of the horror genre, South Park, and various other dark, gory &/or comedic things will probably adore this ameri-manga. The artwork has a wonderful stylized look & the plot is creatively unique. However, the gore factor and heavy sexual innuendo both make this series an impossible choice for any school library collection. As for public libraries - well, the only way you'd get away with buying it is if it stayed safely tucked away in the Adult section...and even that might not be enough to save you if some parent were to discover it there.

So, with that said, I'll be signing off now. :-)


link | Miranda posted at 12:45 AM |


3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous commented at 12:05 PM PST~  

I didn't think it would be good news on old ListerX. :( It really was a good site and I really, really appreciate the work that you and the rest of the crew did on keeping it up, even as it suffered the attacks in the end. I've been looking for other methods, and short of doing a blah old Excel thingie, the others aren't super. LibraryThing is a bad database with a major flaw for those of us who collect foreign releases; Collectorz is crazy expensive. DVDs are on a DVD site, I never had enough music or games to track those... And nowhere can I maintain my shitajiki as well as I did with ListerX. Thanks again for that, and too bad I never got around to adding my 300+ Saitou/Shinsengumi doujinshi. ^_^;;; Thanks again and I'll be keeping my eye on your blog and site. :D

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 5:13 PM PST~  

Heya..this is Vashmojo from the former ListerX site too. I was the Videogame Content Admin on the site if you remember me at all. Hopefully it will come back in some shape or form but it was kind of difficult to keep things going without the site owner around and after we got hacked that was it I guess. Its hard thinking about the 1000's of updates I put into it that are now gone. *sigh* Glad you're keeping up with your reviews though...good luck to ya!

Blogger Miranda commented at 1:16 PM PST~  

safetygirl - Yeah, I keep checking the site every now and then, but I'm not holding out much hope. I've started using LibraryThing, which DOES have major flaws for foreign books of any kind, but it's the cheapest of anything I've found, and I like the whole "community" aspect, which is a bit like what ListerX had...though it's a bunch of different groups as opposed to one large forum, which is a shame because the groups are harder for to to keep up with. I REALLY liked ListerX's forums; they were well-organized, easy to use, and nicely formatted. Anyway, I also use the ReaderWare software to help keep track of things, but I don't think I'll ever find another decent online source to keep track of my shitajiki or doujinshi. *heavy sigh*

vashmojo - Yes, I remember you! :-) Since our new moderator kept talking about upgrading the site, I'm hoping that someday soon the new version will pop up somewhere with all of our old items still in place. And I know what you mean about the updates - I cringe every time I think about all the time I spent adding shitajiki & doujinshi to the catalog. What I really wish is that we'd had some warning before the site was taken completely down. At least then I could have saved my collection to my computer, but we weren't even given that consideration. So, all I can do now is find some other way to keep track of my stuff. And while I've started using LibraryThing for my books & Listal for my DVDs, I haven't found anywhere that enables me to keep track of all of my anime/manga collections the same way that ListerX did.

Want to Post a Comment?

go back to main page

While the title seems a bit deceptive, it's really all in the way you look at it. ;) LOL!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Previous Posts My Manga Reviews

Books I'm Currently in the Process of Reviewing (In No Particular Order)

My Bulletin Boards & Displays Graphic Novel Resources For Librarians Graphic Novel Reviews & Recommendations Online Other Popular Librarian Blogs Credits

Layout by mela
Image created by Yours Truly
Font by Font-a-licious

Powered by Blogger