2.21.2007

Six Things That Would Make LibraryThing A+ in my Book!

Okay, so I was playing around on LibraryThing, trying to avoid typing up my last paper for Capstone and I came up with the following list of things that would vastly improve my overall LibraryThing experience. So here they are in no particular order (mostly because I think they're all REALLY important!) LOL!

1) The ability to make specific books "private" instead of your whole library collection. DVDSpot offers this as an option, and it's a very handy feature indeed.

REASON: Now you don't have to worry about sharing your library with (fill in the name of a random relative here.)

2) The ability to review books you don't own.

REASON: If I don't like a book - I DON'T keep it. How am I supposed to warn other people if I can't review a book that's not in my own collection?

3) The ability to create a seperate Wishlist that doesn't add books to my current collection.

REASON: A Wishlist helps me keep track of stuff I DO eventually plan to buy, but I don't like that it adds it to my collection. Somehow that seems like cheating...

4) The ability to search other users' collections by ISBN.

REASON: This one is a bit selfish, I want to attach authors whose names are written in Japanese characters with their romanized counterparts in my personal collection and ISBN's seems like the fastest way to do that. There are plenty of other good reasons, too...I just can't think of any right now...

5) Making Barnes & Noble one of the availabe sites for book searching.

REASON: Okay, I admit it, this one is selfish, too. But honestly, I buy SO MANY books from Barnes & Nobles Press (I can't be the only one!) and NONE of the searchable sites can EVER find their ISBNs. So I'm always having to type them in manually despite the fact that they're sitting right there on Barnes & Noble's web site - taunting me. I know, I know, I'm SO lazy! ;-)

6) Stronger search capabilities (Okay, I lied before, this feature is WAY more important than all of the others put together!)

Example 1 - To be able to search for all books in my collection that have "Fantasy" in the title and are also tagged "Non-Fiction"

Example 2 - To be able to search for books in my collection that have ALL of the following tags: Manga, Fantasy, On Order

Example 3 - To be able to search for all of the books in my collection that were written by Neil Gaiman, have Sandman in the title, and have "Death" as one of the tags.

Example 4 - To be able to search for any tag that has the word "Fantasy" in it. I.E. the search would pull up not only books tagged "Fantasy", but also books tagged "Sci-Fantasy", "Fantasy Reference", "Fantasy Non-Fiction", etc.


link | Miranda posted at 2:19 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

go back to main page

While the title seems a bit deceptive, it's really all in the way you look at it. ;) LOL!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Previous Posts My Manga Reviews

Books I'm Currently in the Process of Reviewing (In No Particular Order)

My Bulletin Boards & Displays Graphic Novel Resources For Librarians Graphic Novel Reviews & Recommendations Online Other Popular Librarian Blogs Credits

Layout by mela
Image created by Yours Truly
Font by Font-a-licious

Powered by Blogger